Saturday, 13 October 2018
Prayer4UKToday 14th Oct 2018
Our Father in heaven Hallowed be Your Name Y@HOVAH TSIDKENU LORD our Righteousness Jer. 23:6 Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done. On earth as it is in Heaven.
Pray for Brexit
Glorious Father, we thank you for Theresa May and all those who are responsible for making Brexit happen, and we bless them.
• We ask You to give them each one the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that they may know You better.
• Enlighten the eyes of their hearts, so that they may know
• the hope to which You have called them,
• the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints,
• and Your incomparably great power for them because they believe, the power of the resurrection and the ascension which seated Jesus at Your right hand where He is above all rule and authority, and power and dominion in this world, and all things are under His feet.
• Fill each one of them with all the fullness of Jesus in every way today. We pray these prayers in and through the Name of Jesus. Amen Ephesians 1:17-23
100 days of Prayer
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)
BEAUTY NOT BROKENNESS
During World War II, Eva Kor aged 10, was sent to Auschwitz death camp with her twin sister, Miriam. On arrival, they were immediately taken to the Nazi’s laboratory. Over time, both girls underwent numerous injections as part of a greater experiment carried out on twins by Dr Mengele.
Eva survived, grew up, got married and had children. The experience of Auschwitz never left her. She carried it with her throughout life. However, after 50 years of bitterness, she finally came to forgive the perpetrators, especially Mengele.
The act of forgiveness can be a difficult process and can take time. Jesus commanded that we do it repeatedly. Why? Because it opens the gateway to receive God’s healing, restoration and completeness. It clears a way to experience a deep sense of peace.
‘I felt such freedom,’ Eva said. ‘I was no longer a tragic prisoner. I was free of Auschwitz and I was free of Mengele. Forgiveness is the seed of peace.’
Kintsukuroi is a process of repairing pottery using a gold lacquer. It is understood that the pot is then even more beautiful for having been broken. This is a great visual illustration for how forgiveness can be gold in a broken life. Like Eva, it makes us at peace with the many pieces.
Father God. I am inspired by Eva’s act of forgiveness. Show me whom, what and where I need to forgive, so I may have peace in my own life. Strengthen me where I am weak and soften me where I have grown hard. Make me whole once again. Amen
To be an agent of reconciliation. Look up Eva’s story online. Following her example, who or what is the one person or thing you need to forgive today to receive peace? How can you do this? Who can help you?
[Rob Santer is CVM Regional Director for London and is a Certified Professional Life Coach.]
Please pray and share with your intercessors, Bible Study Groups, Prayer Groups, Church Prayers, Men & Women’s Groups. Thank you.
Las & Arlene Ratnayake
Our Father in heaven Hallowed be Your Name YAHOVAH TSIDKENU LORD our Righteousness Jer. 23:6 Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done. On earth a...